Thursday, October 30, 2008

Choosing a blog -- First Educational Interaction

The blog that I decided to interact with and observe happens to be Engadget. Engadget is a technology blog, and to quote the Engadget's about us page they state that they cover the, "daily coverage of everything new in gadgets and consumer electronics." Ultimately the audience is bombarded with countless technology news stories, rumors, and reviews by several indivduals who are employed under WebBlogs Inc, who in part is owned by AOL, Time Warner's online division. This blog is pretty lively it is constantly posted on Digg, a social content website, and because of it recieves constant traffic, which means a community.

I spend everyday on this blog usually looking at each and every entry in hopes of reading someone new and exciting that will one day grace the retail shelves. But for this excursion I spent most of my time with the entry entitled, HD Netflix streaming comes to Xbox 360 first. I revolved around this mainly because I have both services and I am excited that it will simplify my movie renting abilities. One person, doniel, brought up a god point in this blog stating that Comcast has imposed a new data cap of 250GB. Now, this simply states that you are not permitted to download/stream data that goes over 250GB, essentially a limit on the internet. Being that I am a Comcast subscriber at home it makes made me reply stating that I was thinking the exact same thing and that I hope that I get to enjoy the new service and not end up paying countless fees for going over the 250GB data cap.

No comments: